What is the WWWWHHW board?
The WWWWHHW (5W2H) is a simple yet very effective problem solving method. It accurately and exhaustively diagnoses a situation or a problem.
During a brainstorming session using the WWWWHHW method, answer the following questions:
- What is the problem?
- Who is involved?
- Where does it happen?
- When is this problem triggered? How often does it occur? How long does it last?
- How does this issue take place?
- How much does it cost in terms of means, material and equipment?
- Why is this problem happening?
Why is a WWWWHHW board used?
Who uses a WWWWHHW board?
The WWWWHHW method is very useful for analyzing, mapping and defining a problem. It can also be used for:
- Facilitating a meeting
- Conducting a brainstorming session
- Defining an action plan
- Drawing up a project
- Writing minutes of a meeting
- Managing people, particularly in the context of conflict management
How to set up a WWWWHHW board in iObeya?
To easily organize a WWWWHHW problem solving exercise in iObeya:
- Enter your room, then click Configure the room at the bottom right of the screen.
- Add a blank board to your room.
- Select the WWWWHHW background from the background catalog.
- Create a new set of Notes and rename them What, Who, Where, When, How, How Much, Why.
- Your board is now ready to be used.