What is a plane map brainstorming model?
A plane map is a brainstorming tool that aims to define objectives for either an individual or a team. To do so, the board highlights different factors that, once considered, lead to the definition of the objective. These factors are:
- Were we come from?
- What gives us the power?
- Who do we deliver value to?
- Who do we steer?
- Where are we going?
To use a plane map, each question above must be thought through and answers must be generated in each section. Once the participants have written down their ideas, the group must synthesize the answers to each category. When you have agreed upon the collective answers, you can then define your objective .
Why is a plane map used?
Who uses a plane map?
How to set up a plane map board in iObeya?
In iObeya, it’s easy to set up a Plane Map board:
- Enter your room, then click Configure the room at the bottom right of the screen.
- Add a blank board to your room.
- Select the Plane map board background from the background catalog.
- Add in your tool dock a new set of Notes and rename them according to the 5 factors.
- Your board is now ready to be used.