What is a starfish retrospective?
A starfish retrospective is a tool that allows you to reflect on the progress made by a team while providing areas for improvement. To set up the analysis, the team discusses five categories of topics, visually represented by the five “arms” of the starfish:
- What is negative for the team
- What is positive for the team
- What needs to be stopped within the team
- What needs to be started by the team
- What should not be changed
Each participant should write, show and explain what they think about each category. Then the team must synthesize and agree on these ideas in order to highlight the most important points. Once this is done, areas of improvement should be put in place.
Why is a starfish used?
Who uses a starfish?
How to set up a starfish board in iObeya?
- Enter your room, then click Configure the room at the bottom right of the screen.
- Add a blank board to your room.
- Select the Starfish Retrospective board background from the background catalog.
- Add in your tool dock a new set of Notes and rename them according to the different forces.
- Your board is now ready to be used.