What is the 5 Whys method ?
The 5 Whys method consists of asking the question ‘Why?’ 5 times to get to the source of a problem and find an appropriate solution.
The 5 Whys problem solving method generally includes asking the question ‘Why?’ in the following ways:
- Why did the problem occur?
- Why is this the reason for the problem?
- Why is this cause a problem?
- Why did this underlying cause occur?
- Why did the underlying cause lead to the problem?
Why is the 5 Whys method used?
Who uses a 5 Whys?
How to set up a 5 Whys board in iObeya?
To set up a 5 whys board in your digital Obeya, follow these steps:
- Enter your room, then click Configure the room at the bottom right of the screen.
- Add a blank board to your room.
- Select the 5 Whys background from the background catalog.
- Customize your tool dock with 1 set of notes renamed Why
- Your board is now ready to be used.